Season 2 of Ajin: Demi-Human has its worldwide release date announced by Netflix. But they’ve also revealed the English casts for Kuromukuro and Magi: Adventure of Sinbad’s dubs, even though those dubs are not online just yet.
Ajin Season 2 Release Date
The list of movies and television shows arriving and leaving Netflix in December 2016 lists the release date of December 27 for Ajin: Demi-Human Season 2.
Netflix had previously licensed Season 1 as its third anime pick-up after Knights of Sidonia and The Seven Deadly Sins. The first season aired in Japan from January 16 to April 9, 2016 and was streamed worldwide afterwards on April 12. The second season began airing on October 8, 2016.
Adapting Gamon Sakurai’s manga, the series follows teenager Kei Nagai who learns he is an Ajin. A type of human incapable of dying who instantly resurrects with all wounds healed as soon as they die or are killed. Forced to go on the run, while chased by the government and scientists who want to experiment on him. Kei must also deal with the Ajin terrorist Satou, who has his own plans for Kei and the world.
Hiroyuki Seshita directs the series under the studio Polygon Pictures. Hiroshi Seko is handling series composition, character designs are by Yuki Moriyama, coupled with Yoshikatsu Matsumoto as the art director. Furthermore, Yugo Kanno is composing the soundtrack.
Kuromukuro Dub In The Middle of Release?
The English dub for another of Netflix’s anime licences, Kuromukuro was released in the most unusual of circumstances. On November 17 2016, the Netflix page for Kuromukuro listed an English audio option despite the episodes not displaying it.
On the following day, the dub was found to be in the midst of uploading. Until the point where the entirety of Season 2 only (episodes 14-26) were updated with their English dubbed versions. At the time of this article however, Season 2 has now had the English dubbed episodes removed completely.
It is unknown when the English dub will be returning. Though when that happens, it will likely have Season 1’s dub available as well.
Kuromukuro’s English Cast & Crew
Though credits were all of a sudden made available at the end of the Season 1 episodes with several cast/crew lists for the show’s multi-language dubs, including English.
Correspondingly, the English Cast is as follows:
- Kennosuke Tokisada Ouma: Bryce Papenbrook
- Yukina Shirahane: Cherami Leigh
- Hiromi Shirahane: Anne Yatco
- Koharu Shirahane: Cassandra Morris
- Liu Shen Mei: Reba Buhr
- Tom Borden: Todd Haberkorn
- Arthur Graham: Jamieson Price
- Dr Hausen: Dave Mallow
- Rita: Christine Marie Cabanos
- Beth: Julie M. Kliewer
- Paula: Laura Post
- Mirasa and Carrie: Julie Ann Taylor
- Muetta and Diana: Kira Buckland
- Mika Ogino: Cristina Vee
- Marina Unami: Dorothy Fahn
- Ryoto Akagi: Johnny Yong Bosch
- Jose Carlos Takasuka and Hidou: Grant George
- Yoruba and Takehito: Doug Erholtz
- Aramata and Lefil: Michael McConnohie
- Fusnani and Zell: Chris Smith
As well as the crew:
- Dialogue Translator: Zensho Yamamoto
- Dialogue Director: Bob Buchholz
Animation studio P.A. Works produced the series alongside Tensai Okamura directing. Series composition is by Ryou Higaki with character designs by Yuriko Ishii as well as Nobutaka Ike as Art Director. In addition, Hiroaki Tsutsumi composes the music.
Magi: Adventure of Sinbad Dub Cast
Similarly, the episodes of Magi: Adventure of Sinbad on Netflix were notably updated with credits for its various dubs. But the dub of the show has yet to be uploaded at the time of this article either. Significantly including the English cast and crew:
- Sinbad: Matt Mercer
- Drakon: Patrick Seitz
- Ja’Far: Lucien Dodge
- Hinahoho: Tony Oliver
- Mystras: Robbie Daymond
- Yunan: Max Mittelman
- Badr: Grant George
- Esra: Melissa Fahn
- Vittel: Vernon Dew
- Rurumu: Wendee Lee
- Mahad / Rametoto: Kyle Hebert
- Recording Studio: Bang Zoom Entertainment
- Producer: Eric P. Sherman
- Co Producer/Casting Director: Mami Okada
- Associate Producer: Mio Moroe
- ADR Directors: Tony Oliver, Julie Maddalena
- ADR Script Writers: Jalen K. Cassell, Julie Ann Taylor
- Production Manager: AJ Gam
- Production Coordinator: Rayner Tham
- Sound Supervisor: Patrick Rodman, CAS
- Re-Recording Mixer: Michael Brooks
- Recording Engineers: Andrew Maltese, Jun Umeda
- Dialogue Editors: Erika Escamez, Tony Solis
- Assistant Engineers: Eric Raichelson, JP Aller, Matthew Wollenman
The anime was streamed to Netflix worldwide on July 14, 2016, and was previously simulcast by Netflix Japan. The series is produced by Studio Lay-duce and directed by Yoshikazu Miyao with series composition by Taku Kishimoto.
The series explicitly focuses around the titular character of Sinbad from his birth to his rise to power as a king. Long before the main protagonists of Labyrinth of Magic would encounter him and become his allies.
So what do you think? Excited for the new season of Ajin to finally hit Netflix? Wondering what is going on with the uniquely odd situation with Magi: Adventure of Sinbad and Kuromukuro’s dubs? Or just hoping the whole situation will sort itself out soon? Let us know below.