New news about the upcoming shoujo anime Kiss Him, Not Me, an adaption of the reverse harem manga by Junko has been revealed, and it’s quickly shot up my list of anime I’m excited for next season. The new news adds the much awaited cast!
Kiss Him, Not Me follows Kae Serinuma, a high schooler and fujoshi who ships people in her class. After the death of her favorite anime character, she rapidly looses weight and because of this, her classmates now find her attractive. Now she has to deal with the fact that people want to kiss her, when she’d much rather them kiss each other.
- Yuu Kobayashi (Gintama’s Sacchan) as Kae Serinuma, the main character
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (SAO’s Kirito) as Hayato Shinomiya, the first year
- Yuuki Ono (Nozaki-kun’s Hori) as Yuusuke Igarashi, the boy next door type
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Free’s Haru) as Asuma Mutsumi, the third year
- Keisuke Koumoto (Tokyo ESP’s Azuma) as Nozomu Nanashima, the tsundere
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Durarara’s Celty) as Shima Nishina, a super talented girl
The announcement of the voice cast brings the confirmation that the cast of the drama CDs would not be returning to voice the anime, which comes as a bit of a disappointment as it featured Kana Hanazawa, Hiroshi Kamiya and Takahiro Sakurai, but that just means this cast has some shoes to fill.
The show was previously announced to be directed by Hiroshi Ishiodori and animated by Brains Base. The casting of my favorite voice actor as the lead has made me very excited for the show, but what are your thoughts on this upcoming anime? Be sure to leave a comment.